The recruit tactical crossbow series features a wide range of variants varying from compound crossbows to recurve crossbows for young archers. No doubt, the company has expanded the range of products to cater to the needs of a broad audience as you will get various colors and types of crossbows available in different draw weights.
That’s why the recruit series by Barnett is so popular. Barnett has got you covered whether you are looking for an ideal crossbow. The Barnett recruit recurve crossbow is popular among younger archers, smaller men and women, as it enhances their shooting experience and enables them to shoot accurately.
To help you make a better choice, we have reviewed this crossbow thoroughly to make you certain about your potential purchase.
Many hunters love the products manufactured by Barnett as they have a solid reputation for producing high-quality hunting gears, and the Barnett crossbow is not an exception.
Using this crossbow, you can get an arrow speed of 330 FPS that can pierce through large targets. If you want to improve your shooting experience, this crossbow will offer the compatibility and features to meet your requirements.
This crossbow features a lightweight and compact design to deliver high performance and accuracy. The recurve crossbow design improves the power stroke and lets you pierce through large prey within a close range. In addition, its lightweight design makes it convenient for all hunters to use this hunting gear.
- Anti-Dry Fire Mechanisms
This crossbow is integrated with an anti-dry fire mechanism to protect you and your crossbow from attaining damage. This crossbow releases arrows with 91.9 ft-lbs of kinetic energy, which is pretty enough to damage this crossbow.
Barnett has used a lightweight composite material for producing the stock so that you can easily maneuver it around. Plus, you can even adjust the stock according to your requirements. However, if you have a large frame, then it might not fit quite well.
The company has designed the product in a way that it packs both high performance and smooth functionality in a sturdy construction. With a blazing speed of 330 FPS, you can easily hunt down big prey within a close as it helps you aim with more accuracy and precision.
Plus, it is ideal hunting equipment for honing your shooting skills. It uses a pass-thru foregrip for better handling and stability when shooting at a distance.
- Additional Accessories
Like other crossbows, the Barnett crossbow also comes with several accessories and attachments. It includes a wax tube, rope cocking device, 2x 20-inch headhunter arrows or 3x 20-inch bolts, quiver, and a Barnett premium red dot sight.
Barnett Recruit Recurve Crossbow Review
- Draw weight measures up to 130 lbs.
- Offer a power stroke of 12.5 inches.
- It weighs around 6.4 lbs.
- Deliver a blazing speed of 330 FPS.
- Axle to Axle measures up to 16.125 inches.
- Backed up by a 5-year warranty.
- Integrated with an anti-dry fire mechanism.
- Use a pass-thru foregrip.
- Maneuverable and lightweight design.
- Available at an affordable price.
- Easy to assemble and use.
- Comes with a red dot sight.
- Stock length is suitable for adults.
- It does not come with a sling.
- Red dot sight quality could be better.
Tips For Recurve Crossbow Maintenance!!
Recurve crossbows don’t require maintenance or adjustments like compound bows, as these are ergonomically designed to demand low maintenance. So, we have shared some maintenance tips that you can use to ensure the high performance of your recurve crossbow.
- You can read the instruction manual to know how often you should lube the crossbow rail as some might recommend after 50-60 shots, and others might take this to 150-200 shots.
- You should wax the strings to get damaged after every hunting session to ensure prolonged usage.
- Keep a constant check on the trigger box and lube it from time to time as it will ensure smooth performance. You should also fasten the bolts and screws as they get loose after a heavy hunting session.
- Remember to inspect your crossbow before and after shooting as it helps you notice cracks and twisting building up in the limbs.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
- Who Can Use This Recurve Crossbow?
Barnett recurve crossbow features a lightweight and compact design that uses stock to make it suitable for smaller-framed users like smaller men or large boys and women.
- What Can You Hunt Down With The Barnett Recurve Crossbow?
This crossbow can release arrows with 91.9 ft-lbs of kinetic energy, which makes it suitable for target shooting and hunting anything like bears, turkey, etc., within a close range.
- What Is The Ideal Arrow Speed Of Barnett Recruit Recurve Crossbow?
You can get a blazing arrow speed of 330 FPS from Barnett to recruit recurve crossbow under favorable conditions. Plus, it enables you to quickly take down large and small prey in a close range.
- Is A Recurve Crossbow Better?
If you compare recurve crossbows with compound crossbows, then crossbows with recurve limbs have a longer barrel and longer limbs to deliver a higher power stroke than compound crossbows.
- Is It Safe To Leave A Crossbow Cocked?
No, leaving a crossbow cocked more than 24 hours will affect the premature string and cable stretch and result in loss of crossbow performance.
Barnett recurve crossbow is ideal for anyone starting their hunting journey or thinking about using a different piece of hunting equipment. This recurve crossbow can release arrows at the speed of 330 FPS, which is pretty enough to pierce through the large and small prey within a close range. Plus, Barnett crossbows are designed to deliver incredible hunting assistance to nail your shooting session