Whether starting your hunting journey or transitioning from old hunting gear, the BARNETT Whitetail Hunter STR Crossbow offers a great balance of features and power that you can use to hunt down large prey without breaking a sweat.
We all know timing and speed matter the most in hunting. So, the company has incorporated tons of features to ensure you get a precise and accurate shooting experience. So, we have shared an in-depth review of this crossbow to make you certain before making a potential purchase.
Check Out More: Best Youth Crossbows
The company uses a compact and lightweight design to make it easier to manipulate the performance. Its step-through riser will release the arrow with 18 FPKE of kinetic energy to deliver an accurate and precise shooting experience.
It offers smooth functionality and high performance as it features quality construction. That means you will get a proper balance of stability and durability to help you hone your hunting skills. Plus, it also features a fiberglass composite step-thru riser for stable performance.
- Riser and stock
This crossbow will stabilize your hunting experience as it comes integrated with a step-through riser to ensure a stable shooting experience. The compact and lightweight design let you draw your arrow two inches more. That means you will shoot with more power and speed without increasing the limb length.
Barnett has built their reputation for producing high-quality crossbows that offer blazing arrow speed that might range from 360FPS to 390FPS. With the BARNETT Whitetail Hunter STR Crossbow, you will get a blazing speed of 375 FPS, which is pretty enough to take down large prey and get a successful hunting experience. You can even improve the speed if the conditions are in your favor.
- Triggertech trigger system
All Barnett crossbows are integrated with a trigger tech trigger system to provide a frictionless performance as it will make your trigger smoother, lighter and offer an unparalleled shooting experience while protecting your fingers and the bow from dry firing.
Like other crossbow models, the barnett str crossbow also comes integrated with 4x32mm multi-reticle scope that you can use to acquire your target quickly and get a precise and accurate shot.
Plus, the scope is integrated with five different reticles that you can use according to your preference. The company also includes a mounting rail with the package to attach this scope with your crossbow and ensure it won’t bug from its place.
The multi-coated lens offers a crystal clear view of the field and enables you to acquire the target and shoot with higher accuracy. You will get a price accuracy within the 25-50 yard range, and it will assist you in adverse weather conditions due to its built quality.
BARNETT Whitetail Hunter STR Crossbow Review
- Integrated with a draw weight of 118lbs.
- Offer a blazing speed of 375 FPS.
- It weighs around 6.6 lbs.
- Uses an anti-dry fire mechanism.
- Includes quiver, band, and two headhunter carbon bolts.
- Integrated with 4x32mm multi-reticle scope.
- The overall length of this crossbow is 35 inches.
- Use triggertech to protect your crossbow.
- Easy to assemble and use.
- Anti-dry fire system to ensure max security.
- Features a handguard for finger protection.
- Include different crossbow accessories.
- It comes with a wider ATA length.
Why Should You Buy A Hunting Crossbow?
- Crossbows are perfect for all levels of archers as these are easy to learn and master.
- Unlike other hunting equipment, crossbows offer an unparalleled shooting experience.
- Another reason to buy a hunting crossbow is that they offer excellent accuracy without breaking a sweat.
- These hunting gears are designed to match different hunting styles and enable archers to adjust the requirements.
- Crossbows are way better than guns during the hunting seasons.
How To Maintain A Crossbow?
- Even though crossbows don’t require maintenance and tweaking like compound bows. But here are some things that you can do to ensure the high performance of your crossbow.
- Keep a constant check on the trigger condition and ensure it is in good condition.
- After every intense hunting session, bolts and screws can get loose, so you should fasten them after every use.
- Cables and strings are the most fragile parts of a crossbow as they produce a lot of abrasion and friction compared to strings used in a compound bow. If these cables are not properly twisted, they will break. So, you should keep a constant check on cables and strings after every hunting session.
- You should lube the rail after every 200 shots with a high-performance oil.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
- Are BARNETT Crossbows Good?
Barnett has built their reputation for producing top-notch bolts, arrows, crossbows and other parts. Plus, their wide range of product options enables you to choose the right model for your needs.
- Is It Safe To Dry Fire A Crossbow?
No, it is not safe to dry fire a crossbow because it can seriously damage you and your crossbow. Most crossbows are integrated with anti-dry fire technology to ensure archer and bow protection.
- How Fast Are BARNETT’s Crossbows?
When used under a precise shooting environment, the speed of each arrow would range from 300FPS to 380 FPS. Remember, even a minor factor can alter the arrow speed.
- What Kinds Of Bolts Should You Use With BARNETT Whitetail Hunter STR?
It is better to use carbon bolts that ensure unparalleled penetration and accurate shots. You can also use a mounted broadhead for improving your shooting accuracy.
The BARNETT Whitetail Hunter STR Crossbow is recommended for naive and intermediate archers or someone using different hunting gear for the first time. With a blazing speed of 375 FPS, you will get a smooth and precise shooting experience. The company has used a well-balanced framework, which enables you to acquire your target without breaking a sweat.